Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Raspberry Ripple!

I am very happy with the way my card turned out.  I am entering her in 3 different challenges this week.
 Some odd girls sketch challenge and Tiny Tia here is from SOG,
 The Outlawz
Papertake weekly anything goes challenge.

I hope it resembles the sketch a little, to me summer is colorful bright sunny days cool blue waters and for my little girl lots of bling! whether it is glittered flip flops and head bands or sparkly rainbow swim suits it all about happy colors and fun.

I did do a square card which is out of the norm for me just a plain white card base.  The background paper is from creative imaginations swirls of yellow-orange, raspberry and blues filled the 12x12 sheet. Next a line of sticky strip to add some cool white lace across the blue bottom.  A scrap or raspberry ribbon tied across the top gave it the color I wanted and hid the finger gathered lace top.  The pink strip along the side is a scrap from a Heidi Grace paper and although you can't tell in the photo it has a shimmer to it.  The yellow behind that is another scrap bin piece that has a slight embossed leaf and flower image on it.  Tia the crowning glory of the card is done in colored pencil.  The white oval was embossed with square lattice from stampin up. The pink oval was embossed using a Darcie folder then I used rose red ink across the raised image for a little more color.  All the ovals including the lime were cut with nestabilities dies.  I chose Cherish as my sentiment because that is what I Wish
for all to do with their summer memories.  And of course had to add a little bling!


No comments:

Post a Comment